The 7 Best Mandoline Slicers Reviews & Buying Guide 2023
In the kitchen, practicality can save you a lot of time to spend on other tasks around the house or perhaps sleep a few extra hours before going to work.
The point is to have suitable accessories and utensils that help you at every step, where choosing the best kitchen mandolin will give you slices, strips, or chips of your favorite vegetables in simple steps.
From vegetable spaghetti to sliced spaghetti, you will have a tool capable of providing incredible versatility so that you can try new dishes every day; even if cooking is not your best quality, having this tool will save you time and effort, as well as expand your cookbook.
What is the best kitchen mandolin?
We know that an electric mandolin is an excellent tool for your kitchen, and it can even replace the use of kitchen knives, but how do you choose the best one?
Well, with so many brands and models on the market, choosing which one you think is the best can be overwhelming and even overwhelming, especially when you have no idea where to start.
You must pay attention to its power, the thickness of its cuts, its different accessories or blades, the fact that you do not have to use a sharpener to bring it back to life, in addition to the results that you can obtain with each model, this will make the moment of the election is much simpler.
Please consider the excellent quality of its materials and do not forget to keep an eye on its maintenance, that its pieces can be easily washed.
- Adjustable for slices in 3 thicknesses
- Window shows slices below
- Slice directly onto plate, on a cutting board or...
- Non-slip handle, knob and foot
- Dishwasher safe
- Greatest functionality on the market - 6...
- Compact and practical - Our vegetable mandoline...
- Keeping you and your family safe - we know our...
- No mess and no slips no - our catch tray makes...
- Looking for cooking gifts or home gifts? Our...
- Greatest functionality on the market - 5...
- Bonus handheld spiralizer - compact and easy to...
- Keeping you and your family safe - we know our...
- No mess and no slips - our catch tray makes...
- Read the manual carefully - Please read the...
- Meal Prep MVP - A practical and innovative way to...
- 12 Diverse Blades - With eight interchangeable...
- Innovative Design - Free-up countertop space with...
- Improves Your Health And Saves Time – Busy...
- Live Customer Care – Talk to us via out...
- SAFER: The unique design prevents your hands from...
- VERSATILE: With 30 plus slicing options, the...
- EASY CLEAN: Compact design folds down for easy...
- PERFECT GIFT: The perfect wedding or new home...
- UNMATCHED QUALITY – This multifunctional...
- A COMPLETE KITCHEN PACKAGE – Our vegetable...
- MORE COMPACT & LESS TIME – No more mess of...
- EASY TO USE & CLEAN - FOR EVERYONE – Our...
- MONEYBACK-GUARANTEE – Our first purpose is to...
- ✅ DON’T BE FOOLED BY THE OTHER LOW QUALITY...
- ✅ NOBODY NEEDS ANOTHER FLIMSY KITCHEN GADGET or...
- ✅ BEST PATENTED DESIGN – We designed the only...
- ✅ HEALTHY EATING SHOULD BE EASY without breaking...
- Made in China
- 🥕Safe to Use - Our mandoline slicer for kitchen...
- 🥕Multi Purpose Vegetable Slicer - The onion...
- 🥕No More Messing Up - Our mandoline slicer with...
- 🥕Easy Cleaning - Prenium material of the slicer...
- 🎁BEST GIFT CHOICES - The veggie slicer will be...
- SAFE MANDOLINE SLICER: No touch blade with the...
- ADJUSTABLE MANDOLINE SLICER: This unit comes with...
- EFFICIENT FOOD PREP: The kitchen vegetable slicer...
- EASY TO CLEAN & STORAGE: The adjustable mandoline...
- STRONG VEGETABLE CUTTER: Perfect for All...
- Safe Mandoline Slicer: We have all the slicing...
- Adjustable Mandoline Slicer: slice from paper thin...
- Strong Vegetable Cutter: The mandoline slicer is...
- Easy to Use: If you want to make a simple...
- After Sale Customer Service: At domucoly, customer...
Next, we present the best kitchen mandolins:
1. Heyida Professional Kitchen Mandolin
If you want to save time in the kitchen, this multifunctional slicer will come in handy, as it is the perfect tool for making all kinds of cuts, from straight cuts, waffle cuts, waves, julienne, and French cuts, all in different thicknesses that can be They will adapt to all your dishes.
It is straightforward to clean mandolin, its blades can be washed in the dishwasher, and its legs fold easily so you can store it without problems.
It is the perfect combination of quality and design, made of durable plastic and stainless steel that will guarantee use hours.
Its blades are incredibly safe, and they are integrated into the machine and allow a seamless transition between them and your fingers so that you can say goodbye to accidents in your kitchen.
- Easy to clean, it can be washed in the dishwasher.
- Made of durable plastic and stainless steel
- Extremely safe blades.
2. EWS Multifunction Kitchen Mandoline
With a wide variety of cuts, this EWS brand mandolin is needed in your kitchen to give you versatility when making new dishes.
It is an easy-to-use mandolin, which has eight different types of cuts and in which you can adjust the size, thickness, and pattern to obtain different results.
Its design makes it easy to use, creating perfect slices of potatoes, onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, cheeses, and many more ingredients.
It is incredibly safe, with protectors that secure the food and keep it away from your fingers, so you don’t cut yourself when using it.
- It has eight different types of cut.
- Easy to use.
- With cut protection.
3. PAVLIT Stainless Steel Mandolin
Continuing with the list of options, you will find the PAVLIT mandolin, which offers a versatile design to achieve multiple cuts.
With this mandolin, you will notice how you can save time and effort when cooking since it will help you cut and slice everything.
It is made of stainless steel, so its durability is guaranteed and extremely easy to clean.
It has a hand saver or hand protector to keep your fingers away from its sharp blades to avoid any accident and obtain the desired results.
- Stainless steel.
- It has a hand saver.
- With adjustable cut.
4. Bunao Electric Vegetable Cutter
If you want to save even more time in the kitchen, you can opt for a fully electric vegetable cutter, such as this Bunao model.
A mandolin slicer with five integrated accessories gives it great versatility, creating everything from spirals in seconds to spaghetti and noodles from your favorite vegetables.
It has a body made of stainless steel, being a suitable material for multiple whole foods.
Its installation is quite simple since it can be placed on the kitchen counter and ready to use with the push of a button.
- Fully electric vegetable cutter
- Body made of stainless steel
- easy installation
5. GreensKon 7-in-1 Vegetable Mandolin
With its excellent value for money, this 7-in-1 mandolin will become your staple in the kitchen. It is a mandolin that can be cut, shredded, chopped, and even diced and can be used for almost all types of fruits and vegetables.
Storage space doesn’t have to be a problem with this mandolin as its compact design allows for easy storage, and the box with a lid can serve as a container or container for what you’ve trimmed for the refrigerator.
It is a mandoline made of the best quality BPA-free plastic and easy to clean, being also one of the most affordable on the list.
- Mandolin with seven uses in 1
- compact design
- BPA free
6. Laluztop kitchen mandolin
Another of the great options of the comparison for its high quality and being less expensive than other models is this one from Laluztop, with seven different blades resistant to cuts and a hand protector that will give you safety and practicality when chopping fruit. Or vegetables.
This mandolin can also be used as a grater, so you can multitask when preparing a new dish.
It is a very simple cutter to use. With its wide variety of functions, it will give you the necessary versatility in the kitchen, even having an egg separator, cleaning brush, and easy operation, thanks to its design.
- It can be used as a grater
- It has an egg separator.
7. HomeNative Multi-Purpose Kitchen Mandoline
This kitchen mandolin with interchangeable and sharp blades to provide the most precise cuts. This clipper does not move while in use, making it highly safe and giving you total control.
It allows you to cut in different thicknesses, which is ideal for variety when cooking, so preparing a good salad will not be a problem.
It has a container tray with a capacity of one and a half liters, also including a brush to remove debris and put it in the dishwasher for optimal cleaning.
Whether to cut potatoes, as a peeler, or any other vegetable, this mandolin is highly recommended for its quality and is, in addition, relatively cheap.
- With interchangeable blades
- With container tray with a capacity of one and a half liters
- Includes a brush
Things to Consider When Buying a Mandolin
When the time has come to choose your new best ally in the kitchen, you will explore different options of mandolins, perhaps some better than others, but, to reach the right one, you must keep in mind some factors, so we are going to know them precisely so that you can make the best decision:
Security – Mandoline Slicers
The mandolins, generally, or at least the high-quality ones, have very sharp blades; these are in charge of cutting the fruits or any vegetable uniformly.
But, being sharp, they must also be safe so that your fingers are always protected. For this, mandolins must be accompanied by gloves or hand protectors that keep them away from sharp blades.
These kitchen tools can be made of different materials, including their blades. The vast majority of the blades are made of stainless steel, a well-known material characterized by durable, robust, cost-efficient, and ideal for this utensil.
In the same way, you will find blades made of ceramic, which, as they do not contain iron, are resistant to corrosion, in addition to being able to maintain their sharpness for ten times longer than those made of steel.
The equipment can be made of plastic, metal, stainless steel, or other ideal materials for the kitchen, which will also be easy to clean.
Type – Mandoline Slicers
The type of mandoline is differentiated by its design, with models that can stand on their own, others installed on the top of the kitchen, some with interchangeable parts, and others that only have the function of cutting into slices or pieces.
Did you know that there are models of mandolins that are manual? That is, what can you hold and take slices of your favorite fruits, vegetables, and even vegetables? Yes, there are not only electric mandolins or those installed on the top of the kitchen.
Choosing between one or the other will depend on your needs and your budget, since the manual ones, for example, are much cheaper than the electric models.
Why use a kitchen mandolin?
If you have to cut fruits, vegetables, and vegetables daily because they are part of your diet, a mandolin can be one of the best investments to buy since it will save you a lot of time. These machines will make it so that, in just seconds, you will have the ingredients of a dish entirely ready for use.
In addition, the mandolins will make each cut precise and consistent, without the need to use a cutting board or a knife, so you will also make less of a mess when cooking.
Mandolin vs. Spiralizer – Mandoline Slicers
Mandolins have been around for a while, but have you heard of spiralizers? This tool allows you to obtain noodles or spaghetti from different vegetables in simple steps, being ideal for vegan or vegetarian diets.
Now, which is a better option between both? Everything will depend on what you are looking for and your needs since, if you are looking for variety, it is best to opt for a mandoline with various blades to cut instead of a spiralizer that will only give you one type of cut.
Different types of mandolins
As well as the factors that you have already known, it is also necessary that, when the time comes to choose, you think about what is the ideal type of mandolin for your kitchen:
Single or multiple blades: Mandoline Slicers
There are mandolins with a simple blade, while others have a series of interchangeable options that give you greater versatility.
Handheld or self-supporting – Mandoline Slicers
You will also find that the mandolins can be handheld, making them more portable to take everywhere, or those held on the top of the kitchen; these will give you greater comfort when it is time to use them.
Tips for using a kitchen mandolin
Mandolins, as you already know, can be extremely useful and versatile in the kitchen, so if you are already planning to buy one, you better take note of some tips:
- When you cut dry foods, such as potatoes, you can use a little water on the blades so that they slide better.
- Never forget the anti-cut gloves.
- Also, do not forget to sharpen the blades from time to time.
- You should always cut and dice sizes of fruits, vegetables, and vegetables that are manageable.
- Do not forget that practice makes perfect, so do not despair in your first uses with the mandolin.
Frequently asked questions about kitchen mandolins
What is a mandolin?
A mandolin is a piece of kitchen equipment designed for cutting and slicing, which, depending on its blades, will be able to chop fruits, vegetables, vegetables, and much more into large, small, thick, or very thin pieces.
These, for the most part, consist of a plastic base that has sharp blades, which are responsible for filleting the ingredients that you repeatedly pass over its surface.
They can have adjustable blades to change the thickness of each ingredient.
How do you use a mandolin?
Well, each model of a mandolin can have a different use, depending on whether it is manual, electric, or any other type.
By following some essential tips, you can get the most out of your new mandolin:
- Keep the mandolin in a position perpendicular to your body.
- Cut the ingredients in half or until they form a flat base.
- Secure the element to the safety piece of the mandolin.
- Hold the mandolin firmly and evenly with one hand while pushing the part through its blades with the other.
- Repeat the procedure as many times as necessary to create different slices.
- You can adjust the mandolin in height or thickness to obtain other results when passing your ingredients.
How do you clean a mandolin?
The vast majority of mandolins can be washed in the dishwasher, but this depends on their manufacturing materials and the indications you read in their instructions.
If your new mandolin is not dishwasher safe, then you can wash it with warm soapy water, water to remove excess, and then dry immediately.
Conclusion – Mandoline Slicers
Whether it is a Japanese mandolin, a manual, electric, or any other model, you must always pay attention to its safety features. Do not forget an excellent non-slip base, in addition to functions such as a peeler or grater.
From the list, an option that stands out for its quality, price, and effectiveness is the GreensKon Vegetable Mandolin 7 in 1, since its characteristics and resistance make it one of the most complete, especially for beginners.
Cooking is an absolute pleasure, so arm yourself with the best tools and utensils and enjoy every moment behind the stove.
- Our pick. Super Benriner. The best mandoline. This classic mandoline found in restaurant kitchens all over the world has razor-sharp replaceable blades and a safe hand guard. …
- Budget pick. KitchenAid Hand-Held V-Blade Mandoline Slicer. Small and affordable. …
- Runner-up. Swissmar Börner VPower. A solid backup option.
Are mandoline slicers worth it?
Sure, a sharp knife will do the trick, but mandoline slicers guarantee uniformity. They can be used to prep spuds for scalloped potatoes, carrots for a quick garden salad or eggplant for parmesan or grilling. Good ones can slice tender tomatoes cleanly without bruising or tearing the skin.
What mandoline slicer do chefs use?
64 Japanese Mandoline. The no-frills Benriner stainless steel mandoline ($35), is a known chef favorite, which we were excited to put to the test. It’s uncomplicated and super sharp out of the box, with a straight blade that executes perfect, even slices every time, at every width
What are mandolin slicers used for?
Mandolines are used to slice ingredients (particularly vegetables) quickly, efficiently and uniformly. They allow you to slice much more quickly than with a knife but take great care – many a chef has lost the tip of a finger to a razor-sharp mandoline blade.
- professional mandoline slicer
- best professional mandoline slicer
- kitchenaid mandoline slicer
- best mandoline slicer 2021
- best mandoline slicer
- mandoline slicer amazon
- japanese mandoline slicer
- mandoline slicer tesco
The 7 Best Mandoline Slicers: Reviews & Buying Guide 2022
Is a mandoline slicer worth it?
The Fastest Route to Perfect Slicing
There’s no substitute for good knife skills, but unless you put in serious training time, a mandolin will slice faster than you and with greater precision. That’s important for salads with consistent textures and vegetables that cook at the same rate for even doneness.
What kind of mandoline is best?
Our Top Mandoline Picks
- Best Overall: Mueller Multiblade Slicer.
- Best Handheld: Kyocera Adjustable Ceramic Slicer.
- Best for Beginners: Dash Safe Slice Mandoline Slicer.
- Best Budget: OXO Handheld Mandoline.
- Best Splurge: OXO Chef’s Mandoline Slicer 2.0.
What is the difference between a mandolin and a mandoline?
A mandolin is a musical instrument that is like a lute, with pairs of metal strings that are played using a plectrum. A mandoline (which can also be spelled mandolin, hooray!) is that vegetable slicer thing (a flat body with adjustable slicing blades) that always looks like it will take your finger off.
What mandoline do chefs use?
Benriner adjustable mandoline, beloved by professional chefs and still available if you poke around online. It’s got the same high-quality razor sharpness and replaceable straight blade, but it adjusts with a small metal screw rather than the new model’s large plastic knob.
Last update on 2022-04-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API