12 Best Plastic Adirondack Chairs Every Budget 2023
Adirondack chairs are synonymous with relaxation and are designed to rest, relax and take a nap; that’s why you will always see them in gardens, beaches, terraces, and porches. You can use them to sunbathe, sleep in the shade, or rest in front of a fire or next to a barbecue.
They are, for many, the perfect outdoor chair since they were created more than 100 years ago in the Adirondack Mountains in the United States. It has a recognizable design draws attention with its large size, wide backrest, inclined seat, very close to the ground, and wide armrests to rest your arms, a book, or your favorite liquor.
There are tons of versions on the market, and in this article, I have put together what, for me, are the best Adirondack chairs you can buy right now, and also at the end, you have a buying guide, so you know what you have to pay attention to when to choose yours.
7 Best Adirondack Chairs  – Opinions & Comparison
The Best Selling Adirondack Chairs
If you want to see more options, here are the best-selling Adirondack chairs right now on Amazon :
- NO. 1tectake 800907 Set 2X Garden Chairs with
- NO. 2VonHaus Adirondack Folding Chair – Oak Wood
- NO. 3WUTUTUEE Adirondack Chair Weather Resistant Folding…
- NO. 4Gecheer Garden chair, Lounger for…
- ☘️【WHY CHOOSE US?】: You can get a great...
- ☘️【PROPER PROTECTION CAN BE USED FOR 10...
- ☘️【ASSEMBLING ADIRONDACK CHAIR CAN BE SO...
- ☘️【CHOOSING PLASTIC ADIRONDACK CHAIR - I...
- ☘️【USING LIFE IS LONGER MEANS SAVING MORE...
- TRADITIONAL ADIRONDACK CHAIRS FOR KIDS! – Your...
- WIDE ARMRESTS AND HIGH-BACK SEATING – With wide...
- HIGH QUALITY, PORTABLE, WIPE CLEAN – These...
- STACKABLE FOR EASY STORAGE – In addition, the...
- MADE IN THE USA – Proudly manufactured in the...
- Get your flip flops and sunglasses or blanket and...
- Wood Look: Polystyrene resin composition mimics...
- Comfortable: Supportive vertical lattice back...
- Quality Construction: Rust resistant stainless...
- PRODUCT MEASUREMENTS: Overall Size: 29.5"W x...
- 👍【Classic Design and Large Capacity】100% PC...
- 👍【Folding Design】Are you still struggling...
- 👍【Weather Resistance and Fade...
- 👍【Lounge Chairs are Easy to Assemble】Just...
- 👍【Note】We recommend that you have some...
- ✔ Weather Resistant and Fade Resistant: Our...
- ✔ Larger Size and More Comfortable to Seat: With...
- ✔ Wide Range of Usage: The appearance of this...
- ✔ Easy to Clean and Maintenance: Adirondack...
- ✔ Quick and Easy Assembly: The Adirondack Chair...
- Folding Adirondack Chair: Our patio chair can be...
- Weather Resistant and Recyclable Material: The...
- Oversized chair design: The large seat, high back,...
- Convenient Cup Holder: The hidden cup holder under...
- Maintenance & Care: The latch is better pulled out...
- All weather resistant
- Easy to clean
- Does not fade
- Hassle-free assembly
- Wood grain appearance
- Practical Folding Design: Our folding adirondack...
- Water and Heat Resistant Material: The material of...
- Convenient Cup Holder: Equipped with a convenient...
- Wide and Comfortable Seat: Large seats, high...
- Easy to Clean and Maintain: Unlike regular solid...
- Fade-Resistant Color: We formulate our pigment...
- Weather Resistant Finish: The chair is made of...
- Low Maintenance: Unlike wood chairs, our special...
- Foldable and Stackable: To provide you with more...
- Classic Adirondack Chair Design: Comfortably lie...
Latest Deals on Adirondack Chairs
If you’re looking for a cheap Adirondack chair or a good discount, here are the latest Amazon deals on Adirondack chairs, updated daily :
What you have to take into account when buying an Adirondack chair for your garden
There are mainly three materials in Adirondack chairs: wood, plastic, and resin (imitation wood). Wood is the highest quality and is more accurate to the original design but requires maintenance; plastic is cheaper and maintenance-free but more relaxed and less robust. Resin is a type of dense plastic that imitates wood and is more vital than plastic, durable, and even better weather resistant.
Although all Adirondack chairs follow a similar pattern, there are differences, sometimes notable, between some models and others. Take into account its measurements to know if you are buying a wide armchair or a narrow beach chair.
Also, remember that it is usually a reasonably wide chair, and it may not fit if you want it for a small balcony.
IS IT FOLDABLE?
The classic Adirondack chair is not folding, but its popularity has given rise to numerous variations on the original design, such as folding models. They are oversized chairs, so they are designed to be placed in one place and not moved from there, but the folding models make it easier to store them and take them from one place to another. The only problem that may exist is that being foldable, they are less resistant as they have more moving parts.
Each Adirondack chair model has numerous accessories to make them more comfortable and ergonomic. The most popular accessories are the covers to protect them from the elements (direct rain, snow, humidity…), padded seat and back cushions (to make them even more comfortable), straight or inclined footrests, which turn your Adirondack chairs into natural sun loungers. And even drink holders that fit under the armrest.
Adirondack Chairs: Materials and Types
Although Adirondack chairs were made of wooden slats and had very definite characteristics in terms of dimensions, due to their popularity and over the years, many variations have emerged, and these are some of the types of Adirondack chairs that you can find in the market right now:
Wood Adirondack Chairs
The original Adirondack chair was built with 11 pieces of clean wood without knots. These chairs are still the best quality and also the ones with the highest price. Nowadays, the wood used for these chairs is teak, which comes from tropical Asian areas such as India, Malaysia, or Indonesia. They stand out for their durability and elegant design; they are also very resistant to both the action of direct water (rain) and the humidity of the air, which makes them a good option for coastal areas.
Best Wood Adirondack Chair: Original Dream-Chairs
Plastic Adirondack Chairs
The fame of these chairs has meant that lower-cost options have been sought over time to make them more accessible. Today you can buy plastic Adirondack chairs, which are durable, cheaper, and require less maintenance. An advantage of the plastic in these chairs is that they keep their color in good condition in any climate, rain or shine, so after a few years of having them outdoors, if you have bought a blue chair, it will continue to be blue with minimal maintenance.
Best Plastic Adirondack Chair: KETER TROY
Synthetic Wood or Resin Adirondack Chairs
Resin is an alternative to wood and plastic for Adirondack chairs. This material comes from recycled plastic and is a popular option because it is very cheap, requires very little maintenance, and maintains its appearance reasonably well over time, even outdoors. They are also straightforward to clean since you only need to wipe them with a damp cloth to clean accumulated dust or any remaining dirt. Another advantage of resin or faux wood Adirondack chairs is that you have many colors to choose from.
Best Synthetic Wood or Resin Adirondack Chair: LIFETIME Vida
Folding Adirondack Chairs
Adirondack chairs are pretty large, which makes them more comfortable and is part of their character, but it is also a disadvantage when it comes to storage, which is why there are folding Adirondack chairs. Many people leave them permanently in the garden or on the porch of their house. Still, if you intend to be able to store them in the garage or a storage room or even have the possibility of taking them somewhere in the trunk of the car, the Folding Adirondack chairs are the best option.
Best Folding Adirondack Chair: Plant Theater Adirondack
What features do Adirondack chairs have?
Although not all Adirondack chairs are precisely the same, they do follow a design pattern that makes them recognizable:
- They are slightly oversized chairs, so within their informal character, they have great elegance that surrounds you when you sit down as if it were a throne.
- The armrests are extensive flat boards perpendicular to the front legs.
- The seat and the back are made of wide wooden slats and are inclined. This last characteristic already makes it clear that the Adirondack chairs are designed to rest and take a nap (they are not chairs to work or study, at least, they are not comfortable for that, nor is it the main intention).
- The backrest is high to support the head and is usually rounded at the top, increasing your choice to rest. It is also higher at the top than at the bottom, highlighting the idea of a throne.
- Today they are a symbol of comfort, and their image is often used to symbolize rest, peace, tranquility, relaxation, or vacations.
- The originals were always made of wood, but their popularity has led to the manufacture of many plastic models.
What measurements are the Adirondack chairs?
Although they usually have similar sizes, there is no standard, and each manufacturer usually adapts them to their design so that you will find many models with different measurements; here are several examples of measures of other models of Adirondack chairs:
- Adirondack Chair – Measurements in the plan, front, and profile
- Adirondack Chair – Example Measurements
- Adirondack Chair – Measurements in Perspective
Frequently Asked Questions about Adirondack Chairs
What is the best Adirondack chair?
The best quality-price Adirondack chair is the LIFETIME Vida, which is made of high-quality resin or synthetic wood and maintains the essence of design and strength of the original Adirondack chairs. The best folding Adirondack chair is the Plant Theater Adirondack Chair, which supports the original wood design and adds extra portability. The best wooden Adirondack chair is the Original Dream-Chairs, made of solid, high-quality painted wood with the original sleek and sturdy design.
Why are they called Adirondack chairs?
The name Adirondack comes from the Adirondack Mountains in the state of New York in the United States, a region where they were designed by Thomas Lee, who was looking for a chair for his house and not finding any model on the market that convinced him, decided to create your own
The first Adirondack chairs were called Westport chairs and are sometimes known as Muskoka chairs in Canada, but Adirondack is their most recognizable and famous name.
What is the best material for an Adirondack chair?
Wood is by far the best material for these chairs. They have the best quality, are warmer than the plastic and resin versions, are more elegant and durable, and are also more faithful to the early designs of this chair, which has traditionally been made of wood.
How much does an Adirondack chair cost?
An Adirondack chair can cost €100 for some plastic or resin models and up to €300 for wooden models.
Where can I buy Adirondack Chairs?
You can find an Adirondack chair at Ikea, Carrefour, and other stores in the sector. However, two options stand out above the rest regarding outdoor chairs: Leroy Merlin and Amazon.
Adirondack Chairs at Leroy Merlin
The good thing about buying an Adirondack chair at Leroy Merlin is that you have several options, combining the convenience of online shopping with the guarantee of your nearest physical store. Could you take a look at their catalog?
Buy Adirondack Chair: Final Evaluation
As seen, an Adirondack chair allows you to enjoy and relax comfortably in your garden. In this article, we have analyzed the five best in value for money; retake a look and choose the one that best suits you.
Adirondack Chairs: The 5 Best in 2023 for your Garden
Best Overall: Highwood Hamilton Folding and Reclining Adirondack Chair.
Shop at Walmart, Shop on Amazon, Shop on Highwood-usa.com
With three different recline positions, this chair from Highwood is ideal for deep conversations around the fire, sitting with a good book or cocktail, or lounging on the beach. It also folds flat, which means you can fold it up for easy storage. He weighs 34 pounds.
Made of recycled plastics, this chair looks like natural wood without the pain of maintaining the wood so that it won’t rot, discolor, crack or peel. Rinse the chair to remove any dirt or buildup. The weight capacity of this chair is 400lbs, and you only need a drill to assemble it. There are numerous colors available.
Best Budget: Plow & Hearth Wood Adirondack Chair.
Made from high-quality, FSC-certified eucalyptus grandis wood, this affordable Adirondack chair is designed to last for years. This design is made for sitting back and relaxing with its wide arms, contoured seat, and curved front for optimal comfort. Choose from a natural tint or classic colors like white, navy, or red. Did someone say summer barbecue?
You can fold the chair for easy storage until next season when the dog days are over.
Best Wood: Indoor Outdoor Eucalyptus Wood Adirondack Chair with Built-in Ottoman.
These Outdoor Interiors chairs are made from eucalyptus wood, one of the fastest growing and dense hardwoods. It is known for its durability, strength, and natural resistance to decay. Outdoor Interiors’ is an FSC-certified manufacturer that uses eucalyptus from sustainably managed forests.
Eucalyptus weathers to a silver-gray finish over time unless treated with outdoor furniture oil. To get the best life out of these wooden chairs, treat them two to three times a year with an oil treatment like natural linseed oil or anything made for outdoor furniture. It is also recommended to use furniture covers on chairs during winter in inclement weather areas.
Top 10 Solar Outdoor Lights of 2022
Best Recycled Plastic: POLYWOOD Classic Folding Adirondack.
Shop at Walmart, Shop on Amazon, Shop on Wayfair
Stylish and attractive with multiple color options, these eco-friendly chairs from POLYWOOD can turn any terrace into a modern and relaxing space. They fold up for easy transport and storage and are designed with a contoured seat for comfort. They weigh 34 pounds.
The chairs are made in the United States from recycled plastics such as shampoo and cleaning bottles, milk jugs, and laundry detergent containers salvaged from oceans and landfills. They are built to withstand various climates with snow, intense heat, and windy coastlines. The all-weather chair construction means it won’t chip, chip, rot, crack or peel. Minimal assembly is required, and a 20-year residential warranty is included.
Best Splurge: Loll Designs Tall Lollygagger Lounge Chair.
Loll’s chairs are a modern take on the classic Adirondack design. They have taller legs than most Adirondack chairs, adding an extra 4 inches of seat height. The chairs (and all Loll furniture) are made from 100% recycled polyethylene sourced primarily from discarded milk jugs and are easy to clean and maintenance-free. This chair also gets bonus points for having a built-in bottle opener hidden under the right arm.
Loll Designs is also involved in charities, including 1% For the Planet, where 1% of gross sales of this chair are donated. Loll Designs also recycles 90 percent of the waste from its manufacturing processes. Choose from modern yet edgy colors like Leaf Green, Driftwood, Apple Red, or Sky Blue.
The 9 Best Patio Umbrellas and Stands of 2021
Best Colorful: Sol 72 Outdoor Onyx Colworth Plastic Adirondack Chair.
If vibrant green and yellow hues aren’t your things, check out these colorful yet stylish Adirondack chairs from Sol 72. A warm Cactus Green chair mimics trees and grass in a natural setting, while Bordeaux feels like a wood redwood. Other colors include Driftwood, Pacific Blue, Onyx (dark gray), Graystone, Espresso, Atlantic Navy, and Sand.
These chairs are made from recycled bottle caps, and a sloped, slatted design helps you relax outdoors. The chair will support up to 500 lbs. To clean, wash the chair (no pressure washing) with warm soapy water and rinse.
The most exclusive: Colorado Handcrafted Adirondack ski chair.
Made from recycled skis and hand-painted, this Adirondack chair is just one of many creative and customizable designs from Colorado Ski Furniture. The company turns old skis into snowboards from all kinds of unique furniture in Manitou Springs, Colorado.
We especially like that this chair has a little shelf for your cup or snacks. If this painted design doesn’t match your taste, Colorado Ski also offers chairs with various sports logos, state flags, and nature-inspired themes, or you can request a custom paint job.
Highwood’s Hamilton Adirondack (see at Walmart ) chair hits all the right notes with its three recline positions, folding ability, and sustainable materials. We also love the Lollygagger chair from Loll Designs (see 2Moderno ) for its sleek, modern design and sustainable corporate ethos.
- plastic adirondack chairs set of 4
- plastic adirondack chairs amazon
- plastic adirondack chairs sale
- plastic adirondack chairs : target
- cheap plastic adirondack chairs
- plastic adirondack chairs near me
12 Best Plastic Adirondack Chairs Every Budget 2023
Last update on 2022-04-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API