11 Angle Grinder: Buying Guide, Comparison, Reviews 2022
An angle grinder is a powerful and efficient tool that provides valuable services on major construction sites and in more common work for domestic use. Every self-respecting DIYer has its angle grinder, and the rest save up for one.
Here I reveal my Top 5 of the best angle grinders, and I explain how to use them, what are its advantages and how to choose them.
Table of contents
- Top 5 best angle grinders
- Bestsellers on Amazon
- Best Bosch GWS 7-125 Model
- My favorite: DeWalt DWE4233-QS
- Good value for Money: Tacklife
- The small budget: Einhell TG-AG 125
- The other angle sanders of the moment…
- Bosch GWS 22-230 JH
- Bosch PWS 850-125
- Bosch GWS 18-125
- How to choose your angle grinder?
- How to use an angle grinder
- Advantages of an angle grinder
- cost of an angle grinder
Top 5 best angle grinders
- Metal gear case for durability and longer life
- 3 Position side handle provides added comfort and...
- Spindle lock for easy accessory changes
- Included Components: 4-1/2" Small angle grinder,...
- Narrow body for comfortable grip
- Durable 7.5-amp motor of the angle grinder powers...
- Cast metal gear housing increases jobsite...
- 3-position adjustable side handle of hand grinder...
- Soft grip handle improves user comfort and control
- Spindle lock feature allows for single wrench bit...
- Powerful 7.5 AMP motor for high output power in a...
- Small diameter barrel grip (only 2 to 1/2 inches)...
- Labyrinth construction seals and protects the...
- Lock on/off feature for continuous operation
- AC/DC switch for use with alternative power source
- 7.5-amp motor generates up to 11,000 disc...
- Lightweight 4-pound body limits fatigue during...
- Arbor adapter allows for compatibility with both...
- Reversible auxiliary handle attaches to both the...
- Includes three grinding wheels, a compact carrying...
- INCLUDES: 4 1/2" Angle grinder, five grinding...
- MOTOR: 6.2 Amp motor with 980W of max output power...
- SPINDLE LOCK: Spindle lock for quick and easy disc...
- SWITCH: Left-mounted slide switch with quick-off...
- SIDE HANDLE: Removable, forward-canted side handle...
- 7 amp AC/DC, 12,000 rpm motor of the angle grinder...
- One-Touch guard of the metal grinder eliminates...
- Hex wrench replaces spanner wrench of DEWALT angle...
- Quick-Change wheel release allows tool-free wheel...
- 2-position removable side handle provides...
- Powerful Angle Grinder - Equipped with 7.5 Amps...
- Ergonomic Design - Slim, lightweight, and compact...
- Convenient Operation - Integrated spindle lock on...
- Safety Protection & Durable - During operation,...
- Package Included - Please pay attention to safety...
- Brushless motor of the angle grinder requires no...
- DEWALT grinder's brake stops wheel in 2 seconds or...
- Kickback Brake engages when a pinch, stall, or...
- Features E-Switch Protection - When the ON/OFF...
- Two stage trigger requires two actions to activate...
- 7.5 amp AC/DC, 12,000 rpm motor of the angle...
- One-Touch Guard of the metal grinder allows for a...
- Hex wrench which can be found in most tool boxes...
- Low profile, jam-pot gear case increases...
- Quick-Change wheel release allows tool-free wheel...
- COMPACT: weighing only 3.75 pounds, the grinder is...
- POWER: features a powerful 6.0 AMP motor to...
- COMFORT: offers a 2-position side auxiliary handle...
- CONVENIENT: features Bosch’s Service Minder...
- DURABLE: features an epoxy coated design to...
Best Bosch GWS 7-125 Model
This is one of the most compact angle grinders on the market. Its narrow handle allows an ideal grip, and it is also a device that can be used with one hand even if a removable handle allows us to take it with two hands, whether right-handed or left-handed.
The ergonomics of the product are very good, and it’s an object designed to save us time. Its power is quite correct; the 720-watt motor is surprising and can effectively cut most materials, whether metal, stone, or concrete.
It is an ideal tool for recurring tasks, which take time, especially at height or in areas that are not always easily accessible. Its price is entirely consistent with the quality of the product, and it is even a particularly competitive tool in terms of cost. There is little reason to deprive yourself of it.
DISCOUNT OF – 47%
Bosch Professional GWS Grinder…
- Electronic constant: maintains constant speed regardless of load
- Disc diameter: 125mm, spindle thread: M14
- Non-deformable protective cover: resists breaking of the disc
- Optimal motor cooling: for high overload resistance
- Supplied with: GWS 1400 angle grinder, additional handle, clamping flange, protective cover,…
My favorite: DeWalt DWE4233-QS
The American brand DeWalt is known for its high-performance tools, mainly for professionals. Therefore, it is natural that the DeWalt DWE4233 angle grinder is one of my favorites. It’s a particularly powerful tool, powered by a 1400W motor that puts out a no-load speed of 11500 rpm.
This angle grinder is compatible with all 125mm discs. It performs very well and can be used on various materials, including metal, concrete, and wood. On the safety side, DeWalt has installed a protective casing and an anti-restart system so that the machine cannot accidentally restart after a power cut.
Its design is another asset that I appreciate; it is not only compact and ergonomic but also robust and resistant. We feel from the first grip that we are dealing with good stuff! The grip is very pleasant and gives you optimal control of the device. In the end, it is a powerful and very well-designed tool. Its price is a bit high, but the quality is there!
DEWALT – Compact Grinder with…
- Take advantage of this tool’s power (1400W), thanks to a wired power supply. With a no-load speed of…
- Use this tool safely thanks to its safety switch: A paddle switch avoids…
- You also get a dust ejection system that removes most debris from…
- Discover our powerful corded grinder with its included accessories. This grinder is sold with a flange…
- DEWALT, Guaranteed robustness: For more than 90 years, DEWALT has been designing, manufacturing and marketing…
Good value for Money: Tacklife
In terms of value for Money, the Tacklife brand ranks quite well. It offers products that are complete and easy to use. If you are an individual looking for a grinder for home use, this one should appeal to you. It has several practical accessories, including three grinding discs and a storage bag.
Its power of 1300W is far from disappointing and allows the machine to reach 12000 revolutions per minute. On this point, we could even compare it to a professional tool. This grinder is compatible with all 125 mm diameter discs. In terms of safety, it features an exclusive U-shaped guard and a paddle switch that can be released quickly when needed.
The design of this grinder uses decent-quality materials. We find an aluminum alloy bevel gear train, epoxy-coated windings, etc. The external plastic also seems well made. The grip is nice, and its weight is not extremely heavy. In the end, it’s a good product, cheap and efficient; thank you, Tacklife!
An angle grinder, 125mm, 1300W, 12000…
- Powerful: With a high-performance 1300W and 12000rpm motor, the angle grinder delivers powerful and
- Safety: Exclusive U-shaped protection with a quick adjustment lever for the cut for better
- Robustness and Durability: Forging + machining alloy steel helical gears, stainless steel gearbox
- Practical: Ergonomically designed for excellent operator comfort. The rich accessories included can
- Package Included: 1x Tacklife Angle Grinder, 3 x Sanding Discs, 1x Wrench, 1x Protective Cover
The small budget: Einhell TG-AG 125
If you are looking for a decent quality grinder at a low price, then it is probably towards the Einhell TG-AG model that you should lean. Its power of 850W ensures a no-load speed of 11000 revolutions per minute. Enough to make effective cuts on several types of surfaces, especially wood.
Using it is child’s play. It would help if you first integrated a 125 mm disc, which is done quickly with the help of pliers provided. Then, press the button to activate the machine. On the other hand, there is only one and only one speed.
It is a fairly well-designed tool that boasts a compact and ergonomic design. The grip is pleasant, and its weight of 2kg remains correct for such a tool. The metal head seems robust and resistant. We also appreciate the protective cover which secures the work. This German-quality grinder is not expensive and powerful; that’s all I was looking for!
Einhell Angle grinder TC-AG 125 (850…
- Protective cover
- Shaft lock
- metal head
- Additional handle
- flange wrench
The other angle sanders of the moment…
Bosch GWS 22-230 JH
We start with professional equipment, ideal for heavy work. The Bosch GWS 22-230 JH angle grinder is the best. It is a two-handed model, but it weighs only 5.2 kg, which is quite light for a grinder in this category.
It is equipped with a 2200-watt “champion” motor, which allows the various discs to perform all the tasks you want with great efficiency. Nothing resists her, be it stone slabs, breeze blocks, or even concrete, and she cuts everything very easily.
The windings are shielded, the ball bearings are also, and the motor block is protected by a double seal, making this tool particularly reliable and resistant. Powerful, precise, efficient, and pleasant to handle for a satisfying price. The top of the top.
DISCOUNT OF – 18%
Bosch Professional GWS 22-230 JH…
- The Bosch Professional GWS 22-230 JH angle grinder with 2200 W with 230 mm disc diameter
- A starting current limitation ensures a soft start
- Easy disc change thanks to spindle lock
- Safe working thanks to dimensionally stable protective cover and restart protection
- Supplied with: GWS 22-230, additional handle, protective cover, cardboard (3165140559720)
Bosch PWS 850-125
We go downscale to talk about this Bosch PWS 850-125 angle grinder, which should delight both professionals and more occasional DIYers.
Very compact but equipped with an 850-watt motor, it is as handy as it is efficient. It is very well designed, and we find the Bosch Dust Protection System, which should allow our tool to last without problems over time.
It is, therefore, a robust grinder that will accompany us during our work for many years. It is handled without tools, whether for adjusting the cache or changing the disc. This is a significant plus, especially for people who are airheaded and tend to misplace tools or keys intended for a particular object.
Its price is really low for such a qualitative product; it’s a must that you shouldn’t miss.
DISCOUNT OF – 25%
Bosch 1-hand angle grinder – PWS…
- The grinder does not have a disc in the included components and description. The powerful grinder vibration handle for maximum comfort, even during long and demanding jobs.
- The ergonomically optimized shape and the handle that can be mounted on both sides guarantee optimum.
- Greater endurance and better control thanks to the powerful motor and low weight
- The great flexibility of use and maximum versatility
Bosch GWS 18-125
Professionals can only be delighted by the Bosch GWS 18-125 grinder. Indeed, it turns out to be one of the most successful of its generation. Before telling you about its power, you should know that this model works with a rechargeable battery.
That said, the grinder is not included with the charger. However, this one might do the trick if you have other Bosch tools that come with a battery.
When it comes to power, this grinder uses a high-performance 4-pole motor that’s extremely tough and durable for long life. In addition, ECP and EMP safety systems have also been implemented by the manufacturer to ensure the longevity of the battery as well as the motor.
The design of this tool has been very well thought out since it is completely ergonomic and compact. The grip is very pleasant, thanks to the soft-grip coating. The weight of the tool itself is quite light, only 2.3 kg. One of the two handles can be placed on the right or the left according to your needs.
In short, we are dealing with a high-end product that deserves a detour. More info through my exclusive test.
Bosch Professional 060193A308 18V System…
- The GWS 18-125 V-LI has the highest material removal and cutting capacity in its class…
- The angle grinder is designed to perform cut-offs up to 125 mm in diameter
- Particularly compact and light (only 2.3 kg), the angle grinder is ideal for work in…
- Professional 18V System, maximum performance, total freedom, all our batteries are compatible with…
- Long service life thanks to an extremely robust and durable four-pole high-performance motor
How to choose your angle grinder?
First you have to know for what purpose. If you spend your life on construction sites, you regularly have to cut concrete slabs and thick materials, and then you will need to go to a professional angle grinder with 230-watt discs.
They are heavy and less practical, but they are much more powerful and efficient. An angle grinder with 125mm discs will usually suffice for casual or metal work. It works less in thickness but can still cut or grind all the materials you want. It is lighter and, therefore, more practical; it can sometimes even be used with one hand.
You have to look at the motor’s power, and the more powerful a motor is, the more efficient and faster the grinder will be in its tasks. A 700-watt grinder will need to spin fast to dig into the material, while a 2000-watt grinder will need less speed to perform well.
A powerful motor will therefore better withstand intense work and generally have a longer life. The protective cover must be robust and, if possible undeformable.
He largely ensures the physical integrity of his user, and he must be easily adjustable and orientable to protect himself effectively from projections.
If you are not too handy, choose a grinder that is as easy to use as possible. Avoid tools that require the presence of many wrenches to replace discs or adjust the crankcase or protective cover. See my file on how to choose an angle grinder.
How to use an angle grinder
Using an angle grinder isn’t too complicated and no more dangerous than a good number of tools. Still, it will take everything; likewise, observe a few precautions to avoid accidents.
Despite the protective cover, there may be projections and rebounds, so always use protective goggles. A mask will also be advisable, especially if you are cutting a stone that produces a lot of dust. If you work with your grinder regularly and for a long time each day, you will also need to protect your ears with a helmet or hearing protectors.
Finally, dress in close-fitting clothes to prevent them from getting caught in the disc. Reinforced gloves should be mandatory, and safety shoes will always be a welcome caution. Always ensure that the rejects are oriented to one side and not towards the user. You will adjust the protective cover correctly for this, and the orientation will be the same regardless of the material that will pass under your angle grinder.
You need to know that it is preferable to attack material from above rather than from an edge to avoid breaking.
Initially, you may not cut straight. Do not attempt to grind the cut; you may warp the disc and damage the grinder. Stop and disengage the grinder, then start over on the correct path. Do not force when cutting. The weight of the grinder must be sufficient. For metal grinding, you must start with an angle of 20° between the workpiece and the disc of your grinder.
After using your tool, the disc and the cut piece will be heated up and probably very hot. So could you wait a bit before handling them? See my file on how to use an angle grinder.
Advantages of an angle grinder
The main advantage is that it is a versatile tool. When you have an angle grinder, you realize that it will subsequently be difficult to do without it. She can do anything! Cutting, cutting, grinding, brushing, polishing, or filing, all you have to do is equip it with the right accessory, and you can perform many tasks easily.
It’s the essential tool that renders us great service when we have it at hand. It is a powerful and efficient machine, but above all, particularly handy.
No need to be trained to use an angle grinder; follow a few safety rules, and you’re done. Even beginners can cut tiles with precision, without any problem. See my file on the benefits of an angle grinder.
cost of an angle grinder
There are angle grinders at all prices; there are even models at around 10€, which will only be used to cut PVC. An efficient angle grinder that tackles all materials without any problem will take no less than 50 to 60 € for entry-level models, with discs between 115 and 125 mm.
For professional tools, it will necessarily be more expensive.
We then move on to more powerful, heavier, more efficient machines with 230 mm discs. The first price will start at around 80€. It’s generally very good equipment, whether from Bosh or Makita at this price.
The criteria for buying an angle grinder
Depending on your needs and size, you must choose a device that suits you. To help you form an opinion, here are the criteria you should consider.
What task do you want to do?
The answer to this question is the first and perhaps most important element that will guide your choice. Would you like a grinder to perform occasional household tasks? Or as a professional? Are you a novice, an experienced DIYer, or a professional? These are all questions whose answers will be of great help to you.
The size of the angle grinder’s disc will condition the nature of the work to be carried out. A small grinder with a disc oscillating in the 115-125mm range is perfect for cutting tiles, deburring a cut, breaking a concrete edge, or grinding a weld.
Do you know that it was in the 20th century that the size of the grinder disc was reduced to create portable models?
The power range of angle grinders is very wide. Motors can range from 500 to around 2500 Watts. You should also know that the more powerful the motor, the faster the grinder will need to turn to complete its task. For example, a 700-watt grinder has a no-load speed ranging from 10,000 to 12,000 pm. However, a grinder with a 2000-watt motor only spins between 5000 and 7000 pm. It is naturally more enduring and better suited for intense work.
The protective cover
It is an element that is essential on an angle grinder. It must cover at least half of the disc’s surface to protect its user from projections, sparks, or even broken wheels. It would be better to reassure you that it is resistant and possibly undeformable. It should also be adjustable and orientable.
Comfort in use
If you are going to use your angle grinder in the usual way, it would be better to choose a comfortable and pleasant model. The handle should not be too big. A removable and ergonomic handle can make it easier to hold with two hands.
Tool vibration should be reduced as much as possible. Finally, please pay special attention to the disc-changing system; it must be quick by unlocking and locking the shaft to offer real comfort to the user.
Alternatives to a typewriter
After testing, it appears that the angle grinder is the best solution for cutting metal and various rigid materials. However, if you plan to compare with another product in the same category, a saw would be an ideal solution. It is a portable device that allows you to slice several materials efficiently.
Is the angle grinder only reserved for professionals?
Nope! It is a work tool that is within everyone’s reach. It is very easy to handle. Even DIYers can use it to get their jobs done. Still, depending on the nature of the work, you need to have some expertise to get started.
Can a given grinder cut all materials?
The grinder is designed to cut all existing materials, from steel to tiles, concrete, and bricks. The only condition to be respected is to use the appropriate discs for each material and to use your machine within the limit of its speed.
Does engine power play an important role?
Yes, of course! The power of a grinder’s motor plays a decisive, if not crucial, role in its efficiency. It determines, among other things, the number of revolutions that the machine can perform per minute.
Benefiting from great versatility, the grinder allows you to carry out many sanding, grinding, cutting, and even sawing jobs. If you want to find out which is the best angle grinder on the market, you will need to take stock of the following characteristics.
Faced with the abundance of products that are made available to buyers, they no longer know how to buy an angle grinder with better value for Money. If you are also in this situation, you should inform yourself about the different models from which you can choose. If the device is only used for occasional work, then a 115 mm diameter model is sufficient. Given its small dimensions, it offers a maximum depth of 30 mm. However, it is very light to provide great maneuverability.
On the other hand, a mid-size grinder at 125mm can cover all cutting or polishing jobs. You have the choice between electric or pneumatic devices. By opting for this second option, you can take advantage of a maximum cutting depth of 38 mm, which is suitable for regular jobs that are less demanding.
As for the 230 mm grinders, they are designed in large sizes, and they show high performance. Reserved for qualified users, they are suitable for cutting hard materials. In addition, the cutting depth can reach 7 cm.
Your choice should also depend on the power source used on the device. Most of the devices available require an electrical connection. Otherwise, you can also avoid cable constraints by opting for battery-powered machines. They ensure continuous use despite the absence of a power source or in the event of a power cut. Regarding pneumatic grinders, they work with an air compressor. They have the advantage of being light to best adapt to nomadic uses.
The operating power of the device you choose should also not be overlooked, which is why we have mentioned it in this buying guide for the best angle grinders. Generally, products on the market have power between 500 to 2500 W. Also, note that the higher this intensity, the less it needs to turn faster. It explains that the most efficient machines are much more enduring and suitable for regular work.
Choosing the disc to use is also essential to obtain quality results. Knowing that a 125 mm model can do the trick for less frequent interventions. For the finishes, it will be necessary to opt for a copy at 115 mm with a thickness of 0 to 30 mm. On the other hand, a 230 mm device is much more suitable for cutting hard surfaces.
In addition to these tips, you should check the presence of a protective cover on the device. Make sure it covers at least half of the disc to provide additional protection against splashes and sparks. This component should also be deformable, plus the ability to orient it is a bonus.
The comfort of use
To determine how to choose the best angle grinders for 2022, it is also essential to take stock of the use of the device. If the latter is intended for more regular use, then you must opt for a model that is pleasant to handle. To do this, check that the handle is small and ergonomic to provide a better grip. To benefit from two-handed use, the presence of an additional handle is required. In any case, these elements must be easily accessible, whether for left-handed or right-handed people.
As you probably know, this kind of tool generates vibrations. However, the latter should be reduced as much as possible so that the use is more convenient and less tiring. In addition, the tool-free disc change system is the most requested to simplify this operation.
The angle grinder you choose should also have a soft start system. You should also not forget dust vacuuming to work in good hygienic conditions. Otherwise, more and more models come with LED lighting to enjoy better visibility of the worktop. It is also necessary to go through a price comparison to find the most interesting offer.
frequently asked Questions
Q1: Why invest in an angle grinder?
To begin with, this tool is ideal for carrying out most common jobs such as cutting, cutting, polishing, or even brushing. However, you must use the appropriate disk. Given its power, it can be used on most everyday materials.
That’s not all because this machine remains relatively easy to handle, even for non-regulars. It is due to its ergonomic handle, which offers a very good grip. Using this material requires taking some precautions; on the other hand, its use is safer. Indeed, it includes systems such as the protective cache or the soft start.
Q2: How to use an angle grinder?
Before using this machine, make it a habit to wear adequate equipment, particularly protective glasses, earmuffs, and leather gloves. If the drive is not in place, proceed to mount with the device turned off and unplugged.
Then, make the adjustments according to the work to be undertaken. Remember to follow all the instructions in the manual for your safety. Throughout use, remember to cool all of your equipment continuously. It will prevent malfunctions that may be caused by intensive use. At the end of each intervention, clean the device.
Q3: How to change the disc of an angle grinder?
At first, lock the shaft using the knob opposite the disc clamping screw. It would help if you kept this button pressed to prevent it from spinning in all directions at the risk of injuring yourself.
Next, take the key provided with the device and turn it counter-clockwise to engage the screw release. Then, remove the old disc and replace the new one you will position while keeping the button pressed at the back. After that, retighten the screw using the provided tool.
Q4: How to cut straight with an angle grinder?
Launch the device to spin the disc at full speed if you are working with solid material. Otherwise, this step will not be necessary. Be sure to hold the machine firmly throughout use. Stand above the cutting area and cut gradually without applying too much pressure. Hold the disc at a 90° angle to the surface. Finally, stop the device immediately as soon as the activity is finished.
- angle grinder uses
- angle grinder attachments
- angle grinder Makita
- angle grinder cordless
- best angle grinder
- angle grinder price
- angle grinder Milwaukee
- angle grinder Dewalt
11 Angle Grinder: Buying Guide, Comparison, Reviews 2022
Last update on 2022-04-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API